View previous topic :: View next topic  
Daffodilia

re: Month a' the Chicken

We are still adding things for this year's MotC events, so I am contacting folk who have been involved in the past--hence this post!

For folks who aren't familiar with this annual cross kin month of events, or want a refresher, you can find last year's notice here.  The year's notice on the lotro.com forums is here.

You can find all confirmed events on the Moot calendar here.  MotC events are marked with yellow. As events get confirmed, they will be added to the calendar.

Ardachicken may shift earlier in time, but will definitely be on that day.

All other events posted, those days/times are final.

There will be a Last Chance Rivendell run the Fryday before the Free Range run for folks who need it in order to attend the Free Range event.  I should have that confirmed this week.  I'm just not sure if it will be led by the Bounders or Remnant yet.

Mooters can see the planning thread here. If you need access to see/post there, sign up in the "Respectable Folk Wanted" widget on our home page and in the application, state that you're a Mooter so you can get put in that group for access.  If you don't know what the Moot is, PM me via the forum and I'll tell ya.

Last year, Remnant led or assisted with many of our Chicken Camp runs to various places.  So that's why I'm posting the info here.

If there is anything else y'all would like to sponsor or co-sponsor this year, please let me know. I know the Bounders would be happy to have some spotter help during Ardachicken, making sure chickens are swimming when they's supposed to be, and running the obstacle course in the last wing properly as well.

Next post will have the overall full schedule as it's been confirmed so far.

re: Schedule and some other details

We're not yolking!  This year is our 7th Annual Month a' the Chicken celebration in the Shire and Beyound!

Mayor Whitfoot and his special Month a' the Chicken Clutch have been incubating all sorts of chicken goodness for this year's offerings. We are pleased to welcome back many returning kins and individuals that have helped run this month of events in past years. We hope all who attend enjoy what we've hatched this year.

The list below has two segments, on top is confirmed events. At the nest level is events we are hoping t' offer, but haven't pecked out all the details yet. Once we have confirmed details, they'll move to their place, safely nested above.

T' help us celebrate the month in style, please feel free to wear Cloaks of the Cluck, sport some shiny Hobnanigan duds or flaunt yer Farmer's Faire attire in celebration throughout the month! Ya can even carry an egg basket about, or simply uncoop yer prized chickens and that'd be swell too.

One note that must be made, given the split of the Carrier Pidgeons Unions in the Shire, if ya attend an event at Sandson's Farm, and it seems no one is there, jes holler out and we'll send a guide t' find ya.*

All events are posted in Shire Time.** If ya have any related queries, please feel free t' contact me here or via the Quick Post (Daffodilia).

Month a' the Chicken Schedule:

Wednesday the 3rd, 9:00pm: Meadowlark's Shire Race: Owners may bring their chickens to Sandson's Farm in the Shire in advance of the race. The course will take them from Sandson's Farm, to the cook's oven in Michel Delving, to Stock Tower near Stock, to Bullroarer's Statue in Brockenborings, and back to Sandson's Farm.

Thursday the 4th at 2pm: Green Eggs Camp: basic starter quests ONLY (Which Laid First, The Early Bird, and The Sky is Falling), which will open all Flying the Coop quests.)

FryDay-Sunday the 5-7th, all day, all night! HOBNANIGANS!: Some find it quite the controversial sport, some enjoy it despite the controversy.

FryDay the 5th, 9pm: Fish n' Chicks Night: A casual gathering where both fried fish and chicken dishes will be served. Bring yer fishin' pole and try yer luck in our Derby, bring a song so the Warders can have a chance t' eat and fish too, bring a friend! Meet in Overhill by the lovelorn pond.

Saturday the 6th at 10am:Green Eggs Camp: basic starter quests ONLY (Which Laid First, The Early Bird, and The Sky is Falling), which will open all Flying the Coop quests.)

Sunday the 7th at 11am: Below the Snow: Head north to complete Flying the Coop: Ered Luin.

Sunday the 7th at 8:30pm: Below the Snow: Head north to complete Flying the Coop: Ered Luin.

Wednesday the 10th at 2:00pm: Towering Friend: Head east to complete Flying the Coop: Lone-Lands.

Thursday the 11th at 8:30pm: Towering Friend: Head east to complete Flying the Coop: Lone-Lands.

Fryday the 12th at 2:00pm: Chicks Got a Ticket to Bree: Head east to complete Flying the Coop: Bree-Land.

Fryday the 12th at 8:30pm: Chicks Got a Ticket to Bree: Head east to complete Flying the Coop: Bree-Land.

Saturday the 13th at 2pm: - Carrier Chickens: Lost, injured, unable to return home to warn their folk...a desperate plea must be made to the chickens of Sandson's Farm to act as Carrier Chickens where it's too cold for the pidgeons to fly. [*PLEASE NOTE: This is a Freewing RP event. Many will NOT survive.*]

Sunday the 14th, noon: Iron Beak: This Ardachicken event, as with the Ardaman events, will have three feats of endurance for only the most hardened of eggcellent Free Wing chickens. Start gathering at the Farm at 11:30am. The race will start PROMPTLY at noon--if you are late, you can still participate, but will be at a distinct time disadvantage. Map of the route will be posted by the end of the first week of August.

Monday the 15th, 9:30pm: Ales n' Tails at Sandson's Farm: Special songs! Daring Barn Feats! Musicks and dancin' and tails! Hosted by the Lonely Mountain Band.

Wednesday the 17th at 2:00pm: Go North, Young Chick!: Head northeast to complete Flying the Coop: North Downs.

Thursday the 18th at 8:30pm: Go North, Young Chick!: Head northeast to complete Flying the Coop: North Downs.

Fryday the 19th, 9pm: Cluckthulu Returns!: Story Night has been moved closer to a very special birthday. (Will there be eerie Mathoms, I wonder?) Frightful tales, shocking ballads and dreadful stories will be told at Toad Marsh in Buckland. Many await the telling of Cluckthulu's Return.

Saturday the 20th, 7:30pm: Chicken Delivery to Market: Meets at Sandson's Farm before setting out on the Great East Road towards Bree.

Saturday the 20th, 8pm: Chicken Market: Hosted by Middle-Earth Craft & Wares in Bree. This month's Market will have a hearty helping of chicken related wares.

Sunday the 21st at 4:00pm: Swim to Evendim: Head north to complete Flying the Coop: Evendim.

Tuesday the 23rd, 7:00pm: Eggcoo Contest: Pull out yer best quill and practice that ancient Far East style of Poultry [5 - 7 - 5]. Prizes will be awarded for best Eggcoo. If you cannot attend due to the time, send your Eggcoo to Egglantine via Quick Post no later than the Monday prior. She will read them and identify the Poulet who wrote them. One entry per Poulet. Meet at the Burd n' Baby Inn, Michel Delving.

Wednesday the 24th at 2:00pm: Swim to Evendim: Head north to complete Flying the Coop: Evendim.

Fryday the 26th at 9pm: Flyers' Last Chance: Tendered run t' Trollshaws (Rivendell). This will be our last run before the Free Range Run on Saturday the 27th.

Saturday, August 27th, 5pm: Tourin' with Uncle Rooster: Uncle Rooster Hologro offered to lead chickens who must range free! This event is for folks who have earned a Golden Chicken and wish to gain the coveted title of "Crosser of Roads". Not fer the faint of heart and not over easy! Meet at Sandson's Farm.
~~~~~~''`~'
Pecking Out the Details...
- Chickers n' Seekers: Meet at the Sandson's Farm.
- Bring Yer Chick t' the Burd: A special Concerning Hobbits Pub Party at the Burd n' Baby.
- Great Wide Open: run to Minis Tirith
- Chickengard: Tendered Race to Isengard
- Safe by Day, Trolls by Night: Rivendell bound: There has been a request for another Rivendell Run that isn't the Friday night before Free Range. If anyone wants to lead this up, please let me know with a day/time!
~,'~~'`~~~~~~~
Let yer Feathers Fly!
~~~~~~`'~~'~,~~
* ((Sandson's Farm is under the Festival Regional umbrella by default, so getting messages out or in can be tricky, and sometimes we get layers at events, so letting us know yer there but can't find us lets us know to send a fellow invite so ya can swap t' our layer.))
** ((Shire Time=servertime))

re: Month a' the Chicken

Thanks for all that info Daffy! I'm up to my ears in boxes and have some friends coming over to help unpack, but will try and at least come help guard a run if I can!

Gnomes put out some feelers in the kin to see if and who is interested, and he should  be in touch too!

Suzia

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Remnant Forum Index -> Remnant Embassy All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum